You’ve shelled out for the best coffee beans in the world, so you of course want to do them justice. Great coffee always begins with the best coffee beans money can buy, after which it’s all in the brewing process.
This begs the question – is Aeropress the best brewing method for the world’s best coffee beans? Does the AeroPress method live up to its own hype, or would you be just as well using any other brewing method?
What’s the Deal with AeroPress?
Coffee aficionados often argue that Aeropress coffee tastes better than traditional drip coffee. It is said to produce a smooth, full-bodied cup of coffee with a clean finish. At least, that’s what those who prefer this particular brewing method will tell you.
Aeropress has been gaining popularity for some time for good reason. It's a simple, easy-to-use device that makes great coffee. It's also very affordable, making it a great option for coffee lovers on a budget.
How Does Aeropress Work?
An Aeropress consists of two cylinders, a filter cap and a plunger. The top cylinder holds the coffee grounds, while the bottom holds hot water. To brew a cup of coffee, you first add the coffee grounds to the top cylinder and gently tamp them down. Then, you pour hot water over the grounds and let them steep for about 15-30 seconds.
Once the coffee has steeped, you place the filter cap on top of the top cylinder and press the plunger down slowly to push the coffee through the filter and into the bottom chamber. This process takes about 20-30 seconds.
The Aeropress is a great option in a hurry because it makes a great cup of coffee in a short amount of time. Additionally, it is said to produce a comparatively low-acidity cup of coffee, which makes it a great choice for those with sensitive stomachs.
The Science of the Perfect Brew
Truth is, the science of brewing perfect coffee is fairly straightforward. It really doesn’t matter which brewing method you use, just as long as you nail the following:
1) The Best Coffee Beans – Coffee beans are the foundation of any great cup of coffee. Choose beans that are fresh, high-quality, and ideally roasted within a few weeks of purchase.
2) An Even Grind – Coffee beans are best when freshly ground. Invest in a good quality burr grinder for the freshest and most consistent coffee grounds.
3) Quality Water – Use filtered water for the best-tasting coffee. Tap water contains chemicals like chlorine that can affect the taste of coffee.
4) The Right Coffee-Water Ratio – Something that is completely open to interpretation, as it depends entirely on how you like your coffee.
5) Temperature – The correct water temperature is essential for extracting the flavor and aroma of coffee beans. Use freshly boiled water, but always let it cool for a few moments before brewing.
At Hayman’s online coffee store, you will find the best coffee beans in the world, including the legends Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, Kona coffee, and Panama Geisha coffee (aka Gesha coffee). These spectacular gourmet coffees are perfect for Aeropress brewing. Click here to order today, we offer free worldwide shipping!