Jamaica is an island located in the Caribbean. The country has a population of almost 3 million residents who speak English as their main language. Tourism makes a very strong contribution to the country’s annual GDP, given that the island is visited by over four million tourists a year. The Rastafari religion and the reggae music were born in Jamaica. The island is also known for the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee beans, the best coffee in the world.
THE BEST LOCATIONS
If you want to take a small break from your daily job, Jamaica is the perfect place for a vacation. The most wonderful places in the country, include the following:
- The Pelican Bar is truly one of a kind. it's made of wood and nevertheless has endured countless hurricanes and other weather challenges for over 20 years. It is accessible by canoe or kayak. Once you get there, grab a drink and enjoy the view.
- Rio Grande, which means "big river" in Spanish is waiting for your visit. It is one of the biggest in the whole of Jamaica and there you have perfect conditions to practice rafting. Then treat yourself to deliciously fresh coconut water.
- Dunn's River Falls are certainly one of the most popular tourist spots on the island. These magnificent waterfalls may even be familiar to you, because they were featured on James Bond's Dr. No movie. Before you start your touristic day, get energized with a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee beans, the best coffee in the world.
- The Martha Brae River Tour, which shouldn't be missed. You will travel the scenic river in a bamboo raft. Great birdwatching is guaranteed, as well as impressive wildlife, before descending into the rapids and finally swimming in the river's calm and warm waters.
- Kingston is the buzzing capital city. Check out Bob Marley's museum and the Royal Botanical Gardens, while savoring Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, rated as the best coffee in the world.
- Devon House is a majestic landmark in the capital city Kingston and is a reflex of Jamaica's rich history. It was built at the end of the 19th century. It features a nice garden with several stores and even an ice-cream shop.
- The sublime Runaway Bay Beaches in the northern coast of Jamaica are one of a kind. They are surrounded by coral reefs and offer numerous luxury resorts where visitors can stay. These stunning beaches are also an ideal spot for snorkeling and scuba-diving enthusiasts.
- The Doctor's Cave Beach, possibly to most well-known piece of sand & sea in Montego Bay. It offers tourists many bars and restaurants to choose from. You can also hire snorkeling gear to explore the incredible coral reefs that populate the area. It is part of the Montego Bay Marine Park.
- The Blue Mountains are another spot you can't miss. Located on the East part of Jamaica, they are home to the island's highest peak, which is more than 2,200 meters high - to make it even better, you can get there via a walking track. Last but not least, the Blue Mountains are where the world-famous Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee is grown. Don't miss the chance to try the best coffee beans in the world.
- Discovery Bay, also known as Dry Harbor, is a small and calm city on the northern part of the island, just a 60-minute drive from Montego Bay. Its name comes from the fact that it is believed to be the location where Christopher Columbus first set foot on the island. The city generates most of its income from mining and tourism. Once you get there, delight yourself with a range of exciting activities like descending the river rapids at Falmouth or visiting the Green Grotto Caves. Start your day with a cup of the best coffee in the world, Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee, and then head for Discovery Bay!
- You cannot miss visiting the Rastafari Indigenous Village in Jamaica. It is located close to Montego Bay. You will travel through the river on a bamboo glade until you reach the Rasta village. There you will have the chance to learn a lot about the very interesting and unique Rastafarian culture. You will be able to meet the local people, to try the delicious Rasta food, and even to participate in a spiritual ceremony involving a lot of drumming! Don’t think twice – if you find yourself in Jamaica, get your Blue Mountain coffee (the best coffee in the world) and join this exciting tour!
Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee is available at Hayman’s online store. All our coffee is roasted just before being shipped to you, for maximum freshness. Visit Hayman now and order the best and freshest Jamaican coffee, we offer free worldwide shipping!