We’re firm believers in putting the best coffee beans in the world to the best possible use in as many ways as possible. The way we see it, brewing up a fantastic cup of coffee using an exquisite batch of artisan beans isn’t the only option on the table.
As demonstrated by some of the UK’s most successful and celebrated chefs, who’ve been kind enough to share a long list of recipes with us all over the years.
Plus, it’s worth remembering that when buying the best coffee beans in the world, the best coffee is always the freshest coffee. Rather than sitting on your batch of gourmet coffee beans for too long, it’s best to use them at their prime.
Over the next few posts, we’ll be sharing a few of our personal favorite recipes for making the most of any top-shelf coffee you have lying around at home. All of which are exceptionally simple to throw together, with a fairly short list of ingredients,
We’re starting today with the most sumptuous coffee and Kahlúa bon-bons imaginable, created by Marcus Wareing and with absolutely no technical skills required.
Given that you simply buy the empty shells ready to be filled, most of the hard work is already done on your behalf!
Here’s what you’ll need to make a batch of these gorgeous little bon-bons:
For the Ganache
- 150ml of whipping cream
- 250g of 39% milk chocolate, chopped
- 10g of trimoline
- 120ml of Kahlúa
For the Caramel
- 1/2 bronze gelatine leaf
- 200ml of condensed milk
- 1 single espresso shot
- 60g of Valhrona dark chocolate shells, for filling
- 250g of Valhrona 61% chocolate
- 250g of cocoa powder
- Gently heat the cream in a pan until it reaches a simmer, before pouring over the trimoline and chocolate in a separate bowl.
- Add the Kahlúa to the mixture and whisk thoroughly until smooth.
- When the mixture has cooled slightly and started to thicken, place it in a piping bag and use it to fill the chocolate shells around halfway.
- Set the half filled bon-bons aside to harden.
- Next, soften the gelatin in water and add to a pan with a shot of strong espresso.
- Warm and mix until fully dissolved, before adding the condensed milk and stirring to combine.
- Let the mixture cool, place in a piping bag and fill the remaining half of the shells with the caramel mixture.
- Melt the dark chocolate carefully in a bowl, stirring continuously to prevent it from burning.
- Dip and roll the filled shells in the melted chocolate (after the filling has set) and then roll in cocoa powder.
- Allow extra time to cool before dusting with a little additional cocoa powder before serving.
And there you have it - a quick and easy way to transform the best coffee beans in the world into a DIY approximation of a super-silky and melty-smooth chocolate bon-bon everyone knows and loves!
To order the best and freshest gourmet coffee, visit Hayman’s online store. We bring you coffee legends like best Kona coffee Hawaii, Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and Panama Gesha coffee - click here to order today, we offer free worldwide shipping!